East Texas Eating Disorder Treatment
Hello! We’re passionate about eating disorder prevention and recovery. Our mission is to educate the community and raise awareness so that:
- People struggling with eating disorders can get the help they need.
- Schools, doctors, and nurses know how to assess for eating disorders and refer for appropriate treatment.
Did you know…
- Eating Disorders impact 20 million women and 10 million men at some point in their lives.
- 40-60% of elementary aged girls are concerned about their weight
- The rate of eating disorders is on the rise.
- Per the National Institute on Mental Health eating disorders are the deadliest mental illness.
- Most medical and mental health professionals do not receive adequate training to recognize and treat eating disorders.
Eating disorders present with pervasive and significant mental health and medical complications. 100% recovery is possible but early and adequate treatment is necessary.
Eating disorder treatment is our specialty. Whether you’re a medical professional, education professional, person struggling with an eating disorder, or a concerned family member or friend we would love to talk with you about how we can be a resource.
We hope to be a resource to the East Texas community so that people struggling with an eating disorder have access to trained and adequate help, we know with education, early prevention, and adequate treatment recovery is possible. Let us know how we can be a resource to you!